We are happy to announce that on May 4th, as a free follow-up event to the 91st Annual World Trade Week Celebration breakfast at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites, MAPLE Business Council® will be signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with World Trade Center Los Angeles (WTCLA).
This agreement establishes our joint commitment to promote greater collaboration between LA County and Canada, which is the 5th highest investing nation here in Southern California and the second largest source of visitors to Los Angeles.
- Noon - 12:30pm - Networking
- 12:30pm - 12:45pm - Welcome Remarks by WTCLA President Stephen Cheung & MAPLE
- 12:45pm - 1:00pm - MOU Signing
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm - Networking
Light refreshments will be served.
What Initiatives are included in the MOU?
The MOU highlights a joint commitment by WTCLA and MAPLE to build upon the deep trade and investment partnership that exists between LA and Canada in the following areas:
- Participation in the MAPLE House™ program to provide visiting Canadian startups with structured market navigation in Los Angeles
- Collaboration on inbound/outbound business missions between LA and Canadian markets, as well as on MAPLE events to promote greater understanding of the LA-Canadian relationship.
- Dissemination of information that captures the depth and breadth of the LA and Canada relationship as part of the #TheRealLA campaign.
Why Should I Attend the MOU Signing Event?
Canada and Los Angeles enjoy a special friendship and growing trade and investment. Come meet the WTCLA team including President, Stephen Cheung, and the founders of MAPLE Business Council as we celebrate our latest commitment to growing our relationship with Canada further. WTCLA will also be offering exclusive discounted Select LA 2017 tickets at the event, which will allow attendees to save $200 off regularly priced tickets.
Join Us at the LA Cleantech Incubator (LACI)
We have selected a special venue for our event too. Come join us at the La Kretz Innovation Campus Amphitheatre at the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator, a leading home for startups and innovation in Los Angeles, which has been the site for prior LA-Canada celebrations, including Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne's visit to Los Angeles and the MAPLE LA County Winter '16 networking event.